If you’re anything like me, you’re busy beyond belief, but so little actually seems to get done. I like to think of it as the juggling writer who’s spinning the wheels of their overloaded clown car.
I mean seriously…
How many projects are you working on simultaneously and still not even inching toward anything being finished–and finished well?
Do you get anything checked off your daily To Do List?
Me? I always get the top three done because that’s coffee, shower…and I let you guess the third. 🤓 (Check out the button at the bottom of this post where you can download a checklist and make it your own.)
I Do Need to Remember the Passion…
You know, passion did lead me here. I’ve accomplished a great deal, but I’ve got so much more to do.
My passion for writing and teaching lead me to sharing, caring, writing, and creating. I’m so blessed to be able to do what I want everyday, but the problem is when so much is taken on and nothing gets done well.
Here’s what I’ve got going right now:
- family coming to visit this weekend
- a calendar full of appointments–hair, lunch, etc.
- a full edited novel that needs to find a home.
- another fully written and almost edited novel needing a home
- poring through agents
- poring over editors
- losing sleep because I know I spelled the word wrong and/or I sounded like a complete dork.
- need to do my blogs.
- have a third book done that needs a rewrite.
- I’m the co-director of a writing festival….must advertise, get sponsors, do, do, do…
- there’s always the house that apparently fails to clean itself.
- the laundry is in the same misguided space as the house.
- the dog needs walking…and so do I
- sigh… I’ll take a nap and read a book instead.
- But WAIT… That gets me absolutely nowhere.
I think you get the idea.
I could probably go on and on. My problem is very common and I know what I’ll do starting tomorrow.
There’s only one thing to do…
I will choose. I will focus all attention on ONE project until it is complete. I will then move on to the next.
I seriously need to focus. THAT is what’s missing in my daily work life.
What this looks like: choosing one thing and sticking with it until it’s absolutely and completely done.
I know exactly what I need to do and all will get done.
It’s like taking back my own power and harnessing it all on one target.
Get it done. Do it well. The others will line up and wait their turn.
My gift to you.
Here’s a checklist you can download and print off. There’s lots of spare slots to make it your own.
If you need a constant reminder like me, here’s a sheet to remind you that you’re focused and amazing!
Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed the post. Please like and comment. Follow Below.
4 thoughts on “Writers! Do You Have 10 Projects on the Go? Here’s What You Need to Do Now.”
Wow Faye. You are one busy lady. I am in retirement mode and do only what I’d choose to do. I hope your blog is on your priority list because I look for it and enjoy reading it.
I’m pretty sure it’s “pore” … although I can also imagine (with a grin on my face) “pouring” over agents and editors 🙂
Ugh! Spelling ( like commas) makes no sense 🤣lol. Thanks Norma! I’ll fix that.
updated….lol…only because I felt I needed to. 😂